Re: seat belts - SCCA

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat belts - SCCA
From: MGVADICK@aol.com
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:47:47 -0400
Overkill is putting it mildly! Is there any empirical data that supports the
idea that quality seat belts lose significant strength over time if they are
properly cared for? In the early days, we were using military surplus seat
belts which you could lift the car with and had to be 10 to 15 years old. Is it
possible we have some" legal beagles"  chasing the liability issue down a rat
hole? Certainly frustrating for us" older guys" (read fixed income) trying to
get a car together for a few races now and then. Between the cost of tires,
belts, helmets, suits, entry fees etc. it ain't looking good! Ahhh, for the
good old days.   Dick Duncan