Re: Harness dates

To: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Harness dates
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:22:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rick

To the best of my knowledge no one has applied any wisdom
to this question. Many clubs mandate 5 years. In fact new
belts now have a "do not use beyond" date sewn in.
Unfortunately no evidence exists to support this.

SCCA is talking about 2 years - again with no evidence.

Most belts at five years and many beyond that are quite
able to meet required test and use requiremnts - assuming
no maltreatment like leaving them out in the Florida sun
all year round, or soaking them in oil, or chaffing the
webbing, etc.

As always - YMMV

Derek