Re: engine advice

To: KGrosslight@aol.com, majordomo@autox.team.net, mini-list@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: engine advice
From: marcel chichak <chichm@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:46:03 -0600
>Hi, anyone out there have experience with the 1275cc motors mini-mania
>builds?  I am thinking about getting one but they seem a bit pricey and take
>about 2 months to get built.  The specific engine is a 1380cc in line,120hp,
>aluminum head and flywheel, downdraft weber, price $4500 plus shipping.

Don't be afraid to get a quote from the suppliers in UK, which is, after
all, where Minimania get their parts.  The aluMINIum head is from
http://www.piercemanifolds.com/ and although it's an excellent piece,
doesn't flow any better than a well worked over iron head. You should also
check with the engine builders around the US, like Bill Gilcrease at
Minicomp (who I think builds Minimania's engines) and Paul Ivey at Ivey
Engines to name a couple.

--Marcel Chichak    chichm@telusplanet.net
        Edmonton Alberta Canada, eh?
  Peek into my world: www.telusplanet.net/~chichm