More on WTB FABCAR shifters - what about WEVO?

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: More on WTB FABCAR shifters - what about WEVO?
From: "Thom Kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:12:38 -0800
All,
After doing some additional digging on the subject of 901 shifters...I can
see that WEVO is actually a pretty good alternative to FABCAR.

Does anyone have any further insight/experience to these different couplers
that are out there? (e.g. WEVO's coupler vs FABCAR's vs STOMSKI's for
example?) I guess what I need to do now is come up with a reasonable,
complete package that will meet the criteria I'm after and still be less
money than FABCAR...

Note: these couplers - I guess I only need one? for the rear? - are separate
costs with the WEVO product, but are included in the cost of the
FABCAR,which requires.two-ft. and rear.

The question now becomes: If I go with a WEVO unit, which coupler would be
the best match?  I note the WEVO coupler itself requires some
welding...Remember, my application is track only - a  '68 2.0ltr vintage
racer that doesn't go out all that often...with that said, I could possibly
go with STOMSKI's coupler, which is the cheapest.  What say you?

Cheers - looking foward to your input
Thom Kuby