RE: diff lube question

To: Phil Roettjer <proettjer@charter.net>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: diff lube question
From: Royce Miller <royce_miller@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:37:22 -0800 (PST)
--- Phil Roettjer <proettjer@charter.net> wrote:
> [...]

It is my impression that the limited slip additive is only needed for the
clutch type units.  Since the Quaife unit is all gear based the limited
slip additive should not be necessary.  I am not a mechanic but I do run
Quaife limited slips.  One it was first installed the mechanic said to use
any type of gear oil with it.  I wasn't sure about this so I did ask
several other mechanics and racers using various limited slip diffs.  I
have been using Swepco by recommendation of Dan Radowicz of Rapid Motions
but think that Redline would be an excellent choice for lube as well.

Hope it helps!

Royce
'66 Lotus Cortina Mk1 vintage racer
Sacramento, CA USA