Re: John Sprinzel Guest of Honor ELVF

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: John Sprinzel Guest of Honor ELVF
From: Rick Snover <rsnover@toyshop-resto.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:21:00 -0700
At 10:04 AM 9/5/02 -0500, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
>The VSCDA is pleased to announce that John Sprinzel will be the Guest of
>Honor at the upcoming Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival at Road America, Elkhart
>Lake, WI, September 20-22....

Wish I could be there! John's a great guy, very approachable, with a ton of
terrific anecdotes. I met him at the "Rendezvous 2001" Austin Healey meet
in Grants Pass, OR last year, and we spent several hours talking Sprites
and racing and whatever else came to mind. My favorite picture from that
whole week is one of John sitting on the back of my Sprite sipping a beer.
I saw him again at the "OpenRoads 2002" international Healey meet at Lake
Tahoe this year, but everybody was so busy we didn't get much chance to
chat. I'm not going to be able to go to the ELVF, but be sure to tell John
I said "Hi".

Rick

PS - I highly recommend his book, "Spritely Years".
--
Rick Snover
'59 Speedwell Sprite (VARA FP #17)