Old CP&A issue needed

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Old CP&A issue needed
From: ckoehler@amuniversal.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:02:41 -0500
There was a post some time ago about obtaining an old issue of Competition
Press.  Unfortunately, I shaved the name off the original message.  The
original message is below along with a lead for obtaining the desired back
issue.  He is a friend of a friend of mine, Bob Storck.

Good luck.

Cliff Koehler
ckoehler@amuniversal.com

----------

        In the early 60s, there was a weekly, I believe, newspaper published
in Southern California called "Competition Press. "  It carried race results
of road racing and other forms of motorsports and later was merged or taken
over by "Autoweek".  At the end of the 1963 Cal Club and SCCA racing
seasons, they reviewed
        all of the racing classes, class by class, giving a rundown of which
were the fastest cars and drivers and who was likely to be most competitive
the next year.

    I would like to obtain a copy of that issue.

--------

I believe what you are looking for is in the Dec 7-20, 1963 issue of
Competition Press.  The article is titled: "1964 SCCA Divisional Champs
Named
For Four US Areas".  It lists Group champions for Midwest, Pacific Coast,
Central and Southeast Divisions"

If this is what your friend is looking for, let me know and I'll scan it,
convert to
a PDF and email it to you or whoever wants it.

Competition Press started in 1958 as a part of Road and Track.  By 1963
there is no more mention of R&T; in 1968 Autoweek became a part of Autoweek.
In 1963 it was printed bi-monthly.  I don't have all of the issues but a
large
box of misc. issues from 1960 to 1968.

Hope this helps.

Phil Harms