Re: Saab

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Saab
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:09:21 EDT
In a message dated 26/06/02 2:42:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Stefanv@aol.com
writes:

> The Sonett was advanced for its day (1957) and won most of the few races it
> ran...

Cool car - looks like a Berkley on steroids.....

I used to race against a Honda S-800 sports - same idea, even neater high rev
engine, but a little lacking in the torque department. Always thought it a
shame they didn't make a convertible version a la Fiat Allemano Spyder, as
with even less weight it would have been fun (for someone wiht a bit less
averdupois than yours truly) to race.

Always remember a visit to the races with a friend who had never been before.
We were watching a production car race and a couple of  600 Humpty Dumpty
Fiats were hard at it, but were so slow that no one but the drivers could
tell. My friend asked me - "How come they are still practicing when everyone
else is racing.....?"

Bill