pagoda hillclimb , reading pennsylvania

To: "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: pagoda hillclimb , reading pennsylvania
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:02:27 -0400
well i did it ....i could not wait any longer to get into a car after
surgery!  near 2 weeks before dr. said i could .  yeah, i know i was
naughty.  :)  but i had fun-fun-fun!  saturdays weather was wet off and on
giving the slicks crowd fits.  no serious down pours but nagging drizzle
that came and went.  this provided some very dry spots here under the trees,
and obviously some very wet spots elsewhere.  the surface changes in
adhesion due to the weather was tough to gauge from one run to another.
saturday's runs ended (with me sitting on the starting line waiting to go)
when a mustang got out of controll and hit an embankment and rolled.   the
driver's safety equiptment did it's job as evidenced by him being at the
track on sunday spectating.
sunday started to look like a carbon copy of saturday and then the clouds
cleared and it was time to go for faster times!  this was evidenced by a
hand built special(wich defies description other than it has a huge wing and
was smowmobile 3 cylinder powered) wich might look like a shrunken formula
car set a new class and hill record well under 50 seconds!  compared to my
best time of a 1:19 in the saab sedan he was flying!  sundays runs were best
and evryone seemed to enjoy themselves.
oh yes and saturday night's party at the leiderkrantz (german club) was a
pretty good meal(what i could eat of it)!
now!  this was "pagoda" hillclimb.  "duryea" hillclimb uses this course and
adds around another mile to the event !   watch for my mention of duryea
coming up later this year!  that event has a long straight going to the
finish line wich for the big bore cars is one heck of a drag race to the
finish!
i'm a little sore today exactly where i had my surgery...nothing some take
it easy time will not fix.   too bad my Dr.'s  son was there running a turbo
toyota mr2 on the hill.....saw my Dr. yesterday ( i was pitted right next to
his son! EEEK!) and have a 9:30am appointment to see him on tuesday.
anyone for taking bets on my getting chewed out?  :)

chuck
orange saab #25
still loosing weight!  and boy is my driver's suit getting a bit baggy on
me!  :)