Re: Threaded tube

To: Michael Frank <mfrank@westnet.com>
Subject: Re: Threaded tube
From: Bill <toad.away@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:11:17 -0400
Frank,
One source I have used for threaded tubes is AFRO Racing products,
www.AFCOracing.com .  They carry aluminum threaded tubes (7" is the shortest)
and
swaged steel tubes (4" is the shortest).  You may be able to use the 4" steel
tube or cut and rethread one end of the aluminum tube since they have a uniform
ID.  Both tubes have 5/8"-18 RH & LH threads.

Allstar Performance, www.allstar-performance.com also sells unthreaded 6'
lengths
of aluminum tubing for both 5/8" and 3/4" hemi ends.

Both of these suppliers sell a variety of parts for stock cars that I have found
many non stock car applications for.

Hope this helps,
Bill Poff