Re: rebuild my seat belts

To: "john and michelle greeven" <johncg@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: rebuild my seat belts
From: "Malcolm Cox" <malcox@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:59:22 -0800
> I need to have my race seat belts rebuilt.  They are 3 years old and are
> obsolete for SCCA road racing.  Anybody know where I can have this done?

When I called Simpson a month ago to get some new belts, they were quoting 4
to 6 weeks!

I then ordered a new set of belts from Bell Motor Sports, Oakland, Ca (800
669 BELL) for about $100.
They would have re-webbed my old (Simpson) belts,  but I was converting from
camlock to latch style (on occasions the Simpson camlock has failed to
release smartly, even tho well cleaned/lubricated, I cant see how a latch
style could ever fail to release).

5 days after I shipped Bell the old Simpson belts to use as a length
template, I received the new belts. According to the date label, they were
made in May 2002, no wonder they finished them so quickly, they have a time
machine!

I view Bell as a very handy resource, they have real people who will listen
to what you want and make the belts exactly how you want them.  In
comparison, I found the Simpson catalog confusing and a conversation with
their human help person left me even more frustrated.
Regards
Malcolm