Re: Newspaper article/Chuck Christ

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newspaper article/Chuck Christ
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:19:51 -0800
Congratulations Chuck, but equally so to all vintage racers, especially
those of us who make it work through "Sweat Equity"!

We don't deliver our vintage "Go-Fast Specials" to Intrepid Motors and
instruct Bert to "call us when it's ready",
We wash our nomex driving suits in the bathroom sink rather than to take
them to the dry cleaners,
Our trailers are open, and equipped with the best tires out of the used tire
rack, not enclosed with the latest air brush graphics on the side,
it's a camper on the back of the pickup, not the latest 'diesel pusher' on a
Freightliner chassis,
But one thing is certain, rich or poor, as Vintage Sports Car Racers, WE ARE

If there is noting else that I've enjoyed about vintage motorsports, it's
been the friendship, comeraderie and mutual respect amongst all the racers!!
    Carl
        CSRG/HSR-West
            #246 series 1 Sunbeam Alpine
                      Lotus 61 formula Ford