Old SCCA Cumberland Nationals, Cumberland, MD

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Old SCCA Cumberland Nationals, Cumberland, MD
From: "KMH" <britcars@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:11:34 -0500
Hello to all.

I'm looking for anyone who remembers, or hopefully, participated in the sports
car races in Cumberland, MD between 1953 and 1972. Cumberland was one of the
great airport venues of the period, and we are hosting a car show/ touring
rally weekend to commemorate the history of the event.

We are looking for any annecdotes, photos or other memorabilia you may have.

It is amazing to go back and look at he old entry lists... Walt Hansgen, Doc
Thompson, Briggs Cunningham ,Peter Revson, Denise McClugage and many other
notables competed here. Roger Penske earned his SCCA Comp license here.

If you'd like info on the event, please go to www.nationalroadrally.com

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Kevin Hutcheson