Mark your calendars - GIANT LOTUS 50th CELEBRATION

To: CortinaList@topica.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Mark your calendars - GIANT LOTUS 50th CELEBRATION
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:31:51 EST
To all:

Mark your calendars for the SCCA Vintage Weekend at Laguna Seca, Oct. 24 -
26. 2002.  Victory Lane & the USRRC Seniors Tour are working in conjunction
with SCCA and other sponsors yet to be named to put on a giant 50th
Anniversary Celebration of Lotus, including of course, the Lotus Cortina (&
Cortina Lotus)!

There will be more info available in the coming months, and I'll keep you up
to date on new developments.  They're trying to bring together the largest
grid of Lotus race cars ever fielded, and I would especially encourage anyone
with a Lotus Cortina to consider having it ready for the track for this
special event.

While Chapman actually built his first car in 1948, the company was
officially formed on January 1st, 1952, and thus, the first official Lotus
production cars are celebrating their 50th birthday this year.

Of course the Cortina gang is welcome to participate in this event, and I'll
help coordinate between Victory Lane, SCCA, and Cortina enthusiasts to
organize the Cortina participation in this event.   Some thoughts are a
special Cortina display area, Cortina memorabilia display, swap
meet??.....Give me some feedback on what you'd like to see/do there.   And,
of course, there will be Cortina's racing.  For those interested, I'd suggest
you contact Wally about renting one of his cars for the event, and/or C.J.
(since I'm not sure if he'll be off probabation by then?).

I'd like to see us get a minimum of 25 Lotus Cortinas on the track.  So, talk
it up, tell every Lotus Cortina owner you know, and get them READY!!....pass
this on to those not on the list.  We'd like to see Cortinas show up from all
corners of the globe!

Cheers,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128