Re: ARP

To: rgk@flash.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ARP
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:14:33 EST
Hi Bob,
I ran Austin Street Races in 1976 in a Winkelman FF. It was held on a track
set up around a coluseum near the river. Course ran through their parking lot
with lots of curves and a telephone pole you could go around on whichever
side you picked (no time for indecision). Later another track was used that
was in a city park (near a rodeo arena?). I was crew chief on a Zink FF at
that time (around 1977-78). I think it is still there but I heard the track
was no  longer suitable for racing. There also used to be races at Bergstrom
AFB. Quite a racing town, I wish CVAR could put together a race there - best
BBQ ever!
Harold Pace
1959 Devin SS