Subject: Volvo historic series

To: <owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: Volvo historic series
From: "Bruce J Fernie" <bruce_fernie@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:43:04 -0500
------------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:41:28 -0500
From: John.Desantis@inficon.com

      Anyone out there have experance racing with the Volvo Historic
Series?

I raced my '67 Alfa Duetto in the Volvo series last season and had a
ball. The grids are pretty bizarre and are sometimes a somewhat motley
mix. When the GT-350's and 454 Vettes blow by you as the flag drops it
makes it even more fun to blow by them at turn one when they all throw
out the anchors. The rules are loosey-goosey, the guys & gals are great
and it is the closest thing I have found (in the NE) to the the old SCCA
of the 60's that I cherished as a boy. Here in the NE there isn't much
to run if you race anything 'newer' than 1960 (that's when the VSCCA
decided the good old days ended). I hope that the SCCA will realize that
this type of vintage series is as important as the silly classes like
the snowmobiles with wheels; I think they call it f-500; just the sound
is enough to make you run & hide.

Try it, I think you might like it.

Bruce

I have some VHS photos posted on www.mezzeta.co.