Re: Roadracing Barracudas...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadracing Barracudas...
From: "David R. Mapes" <dmapes@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 16:00:22 -0500
Hey Derek,

        Its always nice to find someone who was there at
the time.  I'd love to see the pictures as long as the
files arn't too large.  I access the Internet through a
33.6 modem so files over 100K are a little tedious to
download.  On the bright side it makes my Website fairly
painless for other folks to access.

At 07:55 AM 1/5/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I've got a couple of paddock shots taken in May 1965 of Scott's
>Barracuda and "another" one next to it - probably at Meadowdale. They
>aren't on my web site yet but I could email them to you. These were the
>Valiant styled Barracudas with 273 engines - basically the same as we
>ran on the Monte Carlo Rally the year before - not the later unique
>bodystyle Barracuda S (nor the even later B-body ones).
>
>Your description is so true. We drove from Detroit Friday night after
>work with the race car towed on its own wheels - changed wheels to race
>- then drove home. Actually Scott dropped me off at O'Hare Sunday night
>and I flew back to UK overnight and was in the office there Monday
>morning!
>
>Derek
All the Best!  Dave  ;->
Lame Horse Racing
-  '66 CP (Vintage Road Racer to be) Formula S Barracuda (AKA GoldFish)
-  '66 CP Rust-er-Mustang Coup (AKA Ol'Beastly)
-  '91 Plymouth Sundance (145,000+ Miles and counting, Just
        runs too good to replace)
-  '97 Jeep Cherokee (Oh-M'Gosh! Three Recalls!)
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing... College Park, MD
http://www.erols.com/dmapes/