Re: Engine sounds

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine sounds
From: "Nick England" <nick@3rdTech.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:17:15 -0500
Summer 1972 - I'm sitting on the hillside at the downhill left leading to
the "boot" at Watkins Glen. OK, not exactly sitting but reclining, with my
eyes closed and resting. OK, maybe I was snoring a bit. The cars rumble past
on the parade lap and I continue to snooze. Way over at start-finish they
get the green and I keep snoozing. My friends are beginning to grin.

A few seconds later I finally get the wake-up call - as 30 monstrous Can-Am
cars come screaming down the hill, headed straight for me with about 25,000
total horsepower. A heart-pounding, adrenalin-pouring,
world-coming-to-an-end, gut-shaking, holy terror, solid wall of thunder
beating me on the head, they're all going to run right over me wake-up call!

Man, it took a few Genessee Cream Ales to recover from that!
cheers,
Nick