Re: Orange pylons...

To: <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Orange pylons...
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:49:53 -0400
Mr. Christ,

I must say that the closing speed was RATHER remarkable in Sunday morning's
warm-up, but I had at least half a dozen folks come up to me throughout the
weekend remarking on your wonderful feat of pointing folks by clear out the
passenger window! Much appreciated and your "situational awareness" was far
better than a lot of folks out there... ;-0

It was a terrific weekend, marred only by Mark Gobble's significant impact
into the Turn 10 tire wall avoiding Chris Gross' Bugeye after Chris was
unceremoniously spun out by the leader of the Morgan race! Thankfully, Mark
is shaken but uninjured, though the same can't be said for his car.... I
enjoyed the rain with the 6/32" Kumhos on the Fiat (which is for sale at
www.krauseandengland.com) and was elated when the Group 3 polesitter had his
MSD box pack up on the 1 minute whistle on the grid for the Feature Race on
Sunday! Leading the absolutely stellar field of Scott Krueger in his 356,
George Wright (my pick for the quickest TR-4 in the country) and Clay Cook,
driving immaculately in Ed Berre's Morgan Super Sport into Turn 1 was an
incredible experience! The win was almost anti-climactic after all the
torrid duels throughout the weekend... Chuck Sadek in his Yenko Stinger
should really get Most Improved Driver for his 1:30 lap in the race on
Sunday!

Jack Woerlhe is again to be commended on his extraordinary "fettling" of the
group structure at SVRA, resulting in six people at the front of Group 3
between 1:29.7 and 1:30.6 and another seven a little further back between
1:34.5 and 1:34.9! How's THAT for parity. It's really working and I hope to
see more at VIR in a couple of weeks. Our company is bringing 14 customer
cars!

-Peter Krause
Fiat 124 Spider, the "Black Bastard"...

///