Test day at Full Course VIR, Wednesday October 24th

To: <owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Test day at Full Course VIR, Wednesday October 24th
From: "Peter L. Krause" <pkrause@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:28:26 -0400
Last year, Marc Mehl asked if anyone was interested in a private test day at
VIR before the SVRA event at the end of this month. I'm not certain if it
ever came off, but Krause & England, Inc. has made arrangements to rent the
full 3.27-mile course for a maximum of ten people on Wednesday, October
24th. Dave White and I are working with a couple of our customers, Joe
Blacker is probably coming leaving five or six more slots open at a measly
$750 per driver for the day. For this, you get a catered lunch, nearly
unlimited tracktime plus an unexpected bonus, guidance in the form of a ton
of printed materials and a photo CD (if I can get it done in time) on the
quickest way to get around what is arguably one of the finest tracks in the
country. This is NOT a school! Coaching is available. Anyone wishing to come
must have a competition license. Up to three cars will be allowed on course
at any one time allowing tuning time between runs, 9-noon and from 1-5 PM.
Then, we'll walk it!
The season finale of SVRA is shaping up to be a well subscribed event.
People spend an awful lot of money to make changes to their cars that will
make the cars quicker, but it has been proven (by Dave White, E. Paul
Dickinson, Peter Argetsinger and I, to name a few) that the best money you
can spend to go quicker is on yourself! Why pound around with no clue on
Thursday's test day when you can get such a tremendous "leg up" on the
competition by learning where to go on Wednesday and end up slicing through
traffic for the rest of the week because you know where the road goes over
the four blind crests on VIR's full course? See me at SVRA Summit Point,
VSCCA Lime Rock or by e-mail. (919) 781-1871 days

Thanks, Peter Krause

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///