Re: TR-3: Autocross, brake fade

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3: Autocross, brake fade
From: <john.r.hildebrand@us.pwcglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:53:31 -0700
I would also suggest to look at changing the brake fluid at least annually
, if not more often (I believe the boiling point degrades over time due to
contamination) and checking the seals on the wheel cylinders or calipers,
as applicable.  I don't know if a TR-3 has discs, but if it does you might
check the runout and any play in the bearings to see if the pistons are
getting backed into the calipers by the discs.

Regards,
JRH
computer.