Re: Seats for GT6

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seats for GT6
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:47:20 -0600 (MDT)
Oddly enough, the latest issue of the SCCA "Sports Car" magazine arrived in
the morning mail, and it has a cover story about race seats.  I've not yet
read it, so I have no idea what it says.

I did get a Corbeau Clubman in an early Spitfire, after fabbing up some
brackets to mate it to the original sliders.  It is a fairly tight fit,
but it works.  Actually, I think only three of the four corners are bolted
down, as I couldn't get to the last one.  It has been awhile, I can't
remember offhand.  Though the GT6 has the same floor pan, it might be even
more difficult to get a seat in since the roof is an issue.

I've been meaning to look into Kirkey seats, I believe they have some fairly
narrow aluminum shells that may work.  The Corbeau mentioned above is for a
street car, there is no way it would fit with a roll bar and harness mounts.
My racing Spits have less than adequate seating, so I'm hoping the Kirkey units
may be the answer.

mjb.