Broken Stub Axle (Spindle) on Austin-Healey 3000

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Broken Stub Axle (Spindle) on Austin-Healey 3000
From: "Gary Black (Hexagon Transportation Consultants)"
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:31:15 -0700
Listers,

Just returned from the CSRG race at Sears Point. Thought some might be
interested to learn that I broke a front stub axle. Wheel fell off on the
cool-down lap. No damage to driver but some body damage from the wheel
passing by. The axle was crack-checked 8 years ago. Not a  weakness on big
Healeys that I was aware of. Will crack-check the axles on a more regular
basis hereafter.

Gary K. Black
HEXAGON TRANSPORTATION CONSULTANTS, INC.
40 S. Market Street, Suite 600
San Jose, CA 95113
Tel: 408-971-6100
Fax: 408-971-6102