Re: Smokey Yunick

To: "Susan" <alfasun@esslink.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smokey Yunick
From: "Marty Hutto" <mchutto@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:10:03 -0400
Damn!  When I was a radical teenager caught up in hot rod cars (touted
by parents to be the downfall of humanity), one of my hangouts was
Smokey's garage.  After listening to the parental admonitions, and
regaining my sense, I went on to sports cars!  Although it takes a
KITA like this to jog the aging brain cells, I still have many fond
memories of the garage.  I am approaching 60, so some of the scenes
are a little clouded.  Is it the memory, or the tears?  In his
passing, we have truly lost a legend in motorsports.

Marty Hutto