Re: David Whiteside Funeral Arrangements

To: Pat Ryan <pat@prismacars.com>
Subject: Re: David Whiteside Funeral Arrangements
From: "Richard E. Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:25:19 -0800
The Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVREN) sends its sincere and
deepest condolences to David's family and friends.  We feel that the Vintage
Racing Community and mankind, in general, are much the worse off for David's
early and untimely passing.  On a personal note, I had just been
corresponding with David regarding my entry in the Oct. VDCA Birmingham
event, and the VMC meeting which is being held in conjunction with that race
meeting.  I was hoping to get to know David and the VDCA better at that
event.  This seemed important as I felt VDCA & SOVREN were kindred souls and
shared the same philosophy and goals for Vintage Racing, and I was hoping
that we would be able to offer a viable alternative to the current direction
of vintage racing in much of the US.  I am deeply saddened by his death!
Dick Buckingham, Jr.- SOVREN Race Chairman