Resending - 1970 Lola T200/204 Formula Ford for sale

To: "Vintage Racers" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Resending - 1970 Lola T200/204 Formula Ford for sale
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:46:01 -0500
Vintage racers:

After a long struggle with this decision, we have finally decided to sell
"Lizzie", our 1970 Lola T200/204 Formula Ford chassis number 200/F3/20.  This
car was totally restored, frame-up, in 1997 and was raced only two weekends
before having normal maintenance performed and then garaged while we searched
for an bought our new home.  Some of the improvements of interest made during
the restoration are the addition of a removable steering wheel and an on-board
fire system and the fabrication of a new oil cooler and reservoir system.
Anything that needed repair or replacement was replaced.  All suspension
pieces and the frame were thoroughly cleaned and magnifluxed before being
painted or rechromed.  The uprated 1600 cc engine was built for reliability
rather than ultimate horsepower from the original "Stimola" engine.

The bodywork was stripped and repainted 1970 Gulf colors (blue and orange -
thanks to Gerry Sutterfield for the color codes and original Gulf decals).
This includes rear bodywork which had never been used, and still hasn't!  This
is a very attractive car that would be a welcomed addition to any serious
owner's garage.  Photos are available on my website at
http://www.netcom.com/~nobozos/ under the "for sale" menu and on Rocky's page
(where you will find the origin of the name "Lizzie" among other things).
Asking price is $25,000.  Price includes a rather ugly single-axle trailer,
some engine pieces, odd bits from the original car (steering wheel, etc.),
SCCA Log Book from 1976 and six spare wheels.  Other details available upon
request.  Looking for a good home for this car...

Other items available are a white, custom-made, unused, 1989, triple-layer
Simpson driver's suit for a slim 5' 7"-8" driver ($300) and a $260 value
certificate for a Simpson helmet ($200).  Just getting around to posting
these...

Interested parties should contact me directly, off the list, at their
convenience.  Location of all items is Southeast Florida.

*8o)