Piston Rings - Ramco

To: Vintage <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston Rings - Ramco
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:25:06 -0500
I need to replace the rings on a set of old J+E Pistons.

These are old pistons (35+ years) which are virtually NOS .  The mechanics
notes from 1967 calls out the following specifications for the rings:

Ramco 1195 MSTD 3.25"x3/32" Top + oiler
Ramco CM 200 3.25" x 5/32"  middle

Typically, I buy "sets" of pistons and rings together.   I am guessing Ramco
is out of business.  I was going to call J+E in the morning and ask about
their rings.  Being that I have never spec. separate rings are the
dimensions above sufficient to order new rings?

I never have really thought about this before but it seems like it should be
enough information...

Thanks for any advice.

Steve