Re: 26R

To: PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 26R
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:27:07 -0500
Phil,

I am restoring a Lotus 20/22 which had been a Jim Russell school car, then
converted to a Yamura for use in the movie Grand Prix. I was told it was
rolled at an infield road course at Taladaga, thereby ending the existance
of the Yamura body. I've also been told that there was hardly any racing at
Taladaga, and wonder if this car could have raced at this Courtland track
you've referred to. Any chance you might have a photo of an old Yamura? The
driver would have been Rhey[sp] Williams, from Ft Walton, Florida. I would
imagine the car was in her hands sometime in 1967or 68 and was probably
rolled before 1971.

I'd love to see your 26R photo too.

Roger