Fwd: Modifications (was: RE: Mechanical Failures)

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net (Vintage list)
Subject: Fwd: Modifications (was: RE: Mechanical Failures)
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:29:34 EST
From: "R. Harrington" <rharring@idirect.com>
To: <JWoesvra@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Modifications (was: RE: Mechanical Failures)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:06:00 -0500

Jack:

    In the early sixties our rules were quite different from SCCA.  We ran
"improved production" which allowed some pretty liberal mechanical
modifications.  Basically the block had to be stock, but could be bored to
the class displacement limit, and the cam had to be in its original
location, all else was free.  When we changed to SCCA rules, a large number
of competitors were upset that they had to pay money
to change their cars to go slower.
Bob H.