Rhodes lifters/428 FE

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Rhodes lifters/428 FE
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:20:22 +0000
What are some thoughts/experiences you folks have had with Rhodes adj.
hydraulic lifters?  My son installed these with Cobra Jet heads and an all
adjustable valve train on a 428 FE.  The mfg. calls for a preload of min. 1/32
to 1/8th? inch (don't have the specs. at my desk).  Any
tricks/thoughts/cautions with these?     How do you know if the valves are
really adjusted properly and performing as intended at full throttle?  Can't
really use a feeler gauge and they seem a little strange.    We would
appreciate any thoughts on these.

Also would like to thank those who responded to a previous post about training
for future mechanics.... this is part of the process.... Thanks,

Bill Hook,  '57 TR3  (LBC content)
Tyler Hook, '66 T-Bird (BAM - Big American Muscle)
                   '62 Willys
Seattle,