Re: Shop Floors

To: scarlett@tubetechltd.com, JELehman@ix.netcom.com, varac@egroups.com,
Subject: Re: Shop Floors
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:02:20 EDT
you got one response from the Wirsbo Rep on the list, as a radiant heating
contractor in the san francisco area I will second his recommendation of
using a high quality PEX tubing,(PEX is short for cross linked polyethelene
tubing) Wirsbo is a first line  product (as are  others) and it comes with or
without a oxygen diffusion barier coating on the tube, the intended source of
hot water is the real expense (both initial and operational) in the
budget/design  part of your project, you might e-chat with the Wirsbo chap a
bit in detail on this stuff as he does see lots of the"control strategy" of
day to day operation is the key to getting the most efficiency and comfort
out of your heating dollar. I am a major fan of "outdoor reset", a term that
translates to: The temperature of the water circulating thru your system is
based on the outdoor temperature, as in the the output of the system is
matched to the heat loss of the building, this means even tem.....perature in
the space instead of swings above and below the desired comfort temp....gotta
go now.....keep in touch
Chuck Canepa  (in case you havent noticed I love Radiant floors)