Water temp Gage

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water temp Gage
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:30:30 -0700
I have a water temp gage (from MG) which no longer works, probably damaged
by my careless assembly.
Faced with the horror of paying $100 to get it refilled with ether ( or so I
believe ), I was wondering
if this is so hard to do without specialized equipment.
Presumably the gage measures the ether vapor pressure, so I suppose the
internals must be completely filled with ether
to give accurate results.  Bit rusty on my physics here.
I suppose you can still buy ether, I used to use it a lot for model airplane
engines. Never sniffed it once.
Then there is the problem of soldering the brass bulb without blowing your
brains out.
Perhaps $100 aint so bad after all.
Malcolm