opinion on tires requested...bias or radial

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: opinion on tires requested...bias or radial
From: jim fuerstenberg <jimf42@pyro.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:38:45 -0600
 A friend and I are preparing a Datsun 510 for vintage racing... and it
turns out that Hoosier sells the tires we need in bias ply or radials (the
same size).

Does anyone have any opinions (I probably should not say that here) on
which would be preferable and why.

I have raced on both on another car.  I understand that radials will have
less rolling resistance, but also a less progressive breakaway at the limit.

Thanks,

jim fuerstenberg