TR-4A - Radiator repair question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4A - Radiator repair question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:10:52 -0800
   The radiator of my TR-4A is leaking from the bottom tank, the core has
localized damage and the wings are broken off the drain tap, but the car
had no overheating problems in normal driving.
    The car is set up as an autocrosser but, depending on the total cost of
many necessary repairs, I will either sell or set it up to use on track
days and driving school at Laguna Seca.
     Regarding the car's intended use, could anyone offer an opinion on
whether I should:
1. Repair the existing radiator.
2. Have the unit recored.
3. Replace it.

     If I recore or replace, what kind of radiator would be the best choice?
    I've noticed that this is an important consideration when people are
describing the quality of a car, that there are many choices and that some
have bearing on the car's future eligibility for certain racing classes.
      Many thanks,

John Cowan

P. S.  I would like again to thank everyone who responded to my posted
question about which kind of car to buy.  The responses were very helpful
and I intend, eventually, to post my conclusions.  At that time I didn't
mention the TR-4, since I didn't want to complicate the "simple" question.

     Forward this review to a friend.  To subscribe, send email to:
jfcowan@pacbell.net.  Check out previous reviews at:
http://home.pacbell.net/jfcowan