Shipping tires from England to US.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipping tires from England to US.
From: Jeremy <ferguss@philly.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:23:57 +0000
Anyone have any experience ordering tires from England for delivery in
the States?

I've found a good source in England for Yokohama A032r tires in size
185/60-13. According to Yokohama North America this size is not
available in this country.

The problem is the best shipping price I've been quoted for 4 tires is
116 British Pounds by "Datapost" which sounds high ($185).

Anyone know a cheaper way to ship tires? Don't care if it takes a few
weeks.

Also, I know tires are heavily taxed in this country. Am I going to face
paying additional fees to clear tires through US Customs?

Thanks for any advice.

Jeremy  Fergusson