Moron the "Whatizzit Special"

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Moron the "Whatizzit Special"
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:59:07 +0100
Greetings,
Just received my vintage digest #503...

Hoo boy...has this car - the "Whatizzit Special" (my label) - ever stirred
things up around here!

Obviously, no one knows what the hell it is...That leads me to think what
one other member has already suspected: that this car is one persons'
modern interpretation of the "ideal late 50s vintage sports-racing car" and
has borrowed elements from everywhere... where's the owner when we need
him?

Regardless, just a coupla things here:
Someone mentioned that "whoever took the pictures thinks it's a type 61
Birdcage" is wrong.  I took the shots, and I know a Birdcage maser when I
see one...I just wasn't sure if there was more than one series of Birdcage
Masers ever built (I'm not real up on my Maser history). I was thinking
perhaps this thing might've borrowed some of those more subtle body design
elements (and no, I'm not talking about the tube chassis).

Anyway, another member mentioned that would've been nice to snap the hood
badge...well, I spaced it, sorry about that chief.  But I DO remember what
the badge said: "DMZ Special", with the M being larger than the other two
letters - much larger actually, so maybe it didn't say "DMZ" at all, but it
may be just how they were arranged on the circular badge-about 2" in
diameter-maybe a little smaller.  I suspect that the badge is just as
unique as the rest of this critter.

Bottom line: This car is very nice, and extremely well done. Whoever built
it should be damn proud of it.

This was fun...if I see any more weird animals like this, I'll definitely
share.

Cheers
Thom Kuby