Race tires for big Healey

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Race tires for big Healey
From: Jimmysmth@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:58:24 EST
This is a question for the folks out there who vintage race big Healeys.

I am preparing a 59 BN7 for vintage racing with SVRA and others.    I am
presently using Dunlop 550-15 L series on my 100-4, and I really like the
drift control I get with the bias plies.  The Dunlops are OK for the 100-4,
but I'm afraid the added weight of the six would overwhelm the skinny
Dunlops.  Goodyear Bluestreaks have been recommended, but they seem big and
even though my hasty tape measure exercise seemed to show enough clearance, I
am concerned about fouling.

If its no secret, I'd like to hear what you other big Healey racers have
experienced.  (if it is a secret, I'll just look at your tires in the
paddock, so you might as well try to help me now.....).  I'll be running
Minilites but could convert to 72 spoke wires if necessary.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Smith