Re: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage Racer: what car to buy?
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:37:42 -0800
Actually, if you go to any local autocross events, you'll see a number of
very nicely turned out 510's. These are mostly from body shops using them
as rolling billboards. They are (or were in their heyday) ubiquitous in
the SF Bay Area. My Mom had one. When she went to sell it, a group of young
Asian guys were practically tripping over each other to buy it from her.
They literally dashed back in 15 minutes with cash in hand.

Besides, there's no such thing as a "break-even" proposition when it comes
to car restoration. ;=) Either you can afford to do it, or you can't.