Castrol R

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Castrol R
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:33:23 EST
In 1962 when I was about 19 I worked as the kid helper in a foriegn car
garage. We stocked and sold Castrol R , but not much . The Castrol salesman
mentioned one day that a small shop nearby seemed to sell a lot more than we
did. We couldn't understand why. It was a real small place, and they didn't
especialy work on 'furren sporty cars. It turned out the guy was putting it
in 1 or 2 ounce bottles and then selling it to guys who would  put it in
their gas tanks so they would "smell cool"!
Jerry Burr