Re: Header for Formula Ford

To: "Karnopp, Roger J" <roger.j.karnopp@lmco.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Header for Formula Ford
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:33:01 -0500
The next header I make, or have made, will probably be of stainless.  I
think the problem with mild steel is the extreme heat cycle combined with
the carbon present in the exhaust.  Mild steel normally doesn't heat harden
but headers seem to eventually give up the ghost!

I made my current header, and really quite enjoyed doing it.  Now I'm
getting to be a better welder, and have a proper bandsaw, so could do a
better job.  The challenge is getting the design right - both through the
car, and the various lengths.

Brian