Re: Porsche 917

To: Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca, Vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Porsche 917
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:26:54 EST
Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca   wrote:
Listers,
Is there someone out there who knows which 917 model raced at Kent (SIR)
during the late 60s or early 70s in a CAN-AM competition?  I understand
that there
were two 917s at the track.  Names of drivers would help too.
Best of the Season,
Mike
former o/d Cooper-Climax and TR Spitfire

Mike:  This is a reply from the Right Coast.  Not familiar with SIR like the
Wat. Gn, Rd. At, Sebring, Rd. Amer., Elkhart Lk., Mid-O Can-Am races of late
'60s and early '70's.  Trivia answers are something you have to look up to be
sure...my source reference is The Fabulous Porsche 917, Peter Hinsdale, 1976.
 There is no mention/reference to a 917 being at SIR during the Can-Am years
'69-'74.  Be happy to share more 917/Porsche info with you....just ask!
Lee Raskin, early years Porsche historian/ vintage 356er/Arnolt-Bristol