Delete if not a (racing) Video Gamer

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Delete if not a (racing) Video Gamer
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:30:47 -0600

Granted, racing on a PC is the current state
of the art regarding realism. But I've been using
a Playstation for a couple of years, thoroughly
enjoying the realistic handling of the cars in
Gran Turismo.

I got my hands on a copy of Gran Turismo 2 over
the weekend, and have been (simulating) racing
my butt off, as time permitted, trying to accumulate
enough 'credits' to buy some goodies like...

1. Ford GT-40 (in Gulf sponsor trim)
2. Shelby GT-350 Mustang
3. Shelby GT-500 Mustang
4. Shelby '67 427 Cobra
5. Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
6. Dodge Viper (stock or full-race)
along with other offerings from Mercedes, BMW,
Jaguar, Lotus, Alfa, Audi, VW, Fiat, Porsche (listed
under a fictitious alias for some reason - copyright
battle?), Aston Martin, Lister, TVR, Ford, Chevy,
Dodge, etc. Of course, a full complement of Japanese
cars are included, too.

There are additional vintage cars such as Mini-
Coopers, 240Z's, Lotus Elans, '67, '69, '82 Vettes,
'69 Z-28, '70 Challenger, etc. The big iron can be
upgraded to 'Trans-Am' racing trim. I haven't found
all the vintage offerings as yet - there's over 500 cars
in the simulation mode. Hopefully there might be a
few other vintage Euro-offerings hiding somewhere.

What's a real hoot is the Pro-Rally addition to the
game. There's a few exotic off-road courses, and
the Pikes Peak Hill Climb course is included.

Great stuff for the winter blues, cabin fever, etc.
Btw - the rendition of Laguna Seca is excellent.

Greg
Vintage Bugeye
Cedarburg, WI