Re: tires (but not retired)

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires (but not retired)
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:59:39 EST
In a message dated 12/17/99 3:00:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mgvrmark@hotmail.com writes:

<< I'm trying to figure out why some folks seem to be lobbying for the
Hoosier
 Street TD, rather than the Vintage TD.  Cost? Grip? Is the Street TD a
 radial -- do some people prefer radial characteristics? >>

I can't answer all the issues, but I believe the Street TD's came before they
made a Vintage TD.  Street TDs are bias ply and 60 series, and I belive
VIntage TDs are also bias ply but more like 70 series.  Hoosier radials are a
different tire and are not accepted at CSRG, but are at other vintage venues.
 Street TDs are comparable in cost and performance with other DOT radials,
such as Toyo, Yokohama, BFG, Kuhmo, etc.  You see quite a few cars running on
Street TD's.

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128