Re: Tire Changes

To: ttf@saber.net
Subject: Re: Tire Changes
From: CooperS66@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:57:29 EST
Dear Mr. Franges:

It's really quite obvious.  Firstly, all of the various organizations look to
each other for ideas, rules changes, etc.  Something that is adopted in one
organization does often end being adopted in another.  Since I hold a license
with VMC and race with a number of vintage organizations, I am interested in
what's happening in the vintage world as a whole.

Secondly, I will be racing with a number of vintage organizations in 2000
including CVAR, RMVR, VSCDA and HSR.  An event with CSRG may also be in the
works.  If it works out and I can attend one of your events, I would like to
use my existing tires.

Finally, I think it's important to remember that the Vintage spirit is one of
participation, good sportsmanship, and safety.  I don't think it was
established with the thought that the checkbook was the most important item.
Changes that effect only the checkbook don't seem to make sense to me.

Do I race with you currently, no.  Do I intend to in the future, quite
possibly.  Does it effect me if you change your rules, yes.  By CSRG making
such a change, the bar is lowered for every other organization.

Thank you for your quick response.

Sincerely,

Tim Webb

PS: I find it very peculiar that your response was so utterly different from
Carl Moore's response.  He appreciated my comments and felt that perhaps the
matter should be looked into further.