Re: "The Green Helmet" /girl w/Cooper movie?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "The Green Helmet" /girl w/Cooper movie?
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:39:41 -0500
PaceCars@aol.com wrote:

> Susan and group in general:
> I vaguely remember (as usual) a movie with a woman that drives a Cooper in F1
> races circa 1959-1963. I think they are at Monte Carlo, and she drives a
> Maserati on the street as I recall. The "hero" steals her car so she can't
> race. Some hero, huh?  Does anyone know what movie that was?
> Harold Pace

If it is the same movie it is called "Love is a Ball" with Glen Ford as
a grumpy old chaffeur and Hope Lange as a spoilt heiress who thinks she
wants to drive in Formula One. I saw it twenty five years ago on the
late-late show when I came in plastered one night. It's not available on
video and I've never seen it again on the late show.

Amazing what useless information we have floating around in our
heads.....

Daniel