Re: Support Vehicle Problem

To: <LRuggi2635@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Support Vehicle Problem
From: "Eric Swanger" <ericsmgs@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:17:29 -0000
Larry,
Believe it or not, I have a 91 S-10 4.3 blazer with 177,000 miles on it, and
I bought this vehicle new.  And guess what?  It has done the exact same
thing since day 1.  Took it to the dealer several times, and they never
found a leak.  I've never found a leak.  Truck runs and drives great, gets
23 on the highway, 20 pulling my car, and hasn't missed a bit since day one.
I just quite worrying about it, and add some coolant occasionally.  The
white smoke you saw after a couple of days off was more than likely oil
smoke, leaking past the valve seals.  Mine has also done this same thing for
quite some time now.  But one thing is for sure, the 4.3 with the 700-r4
behind it is quite an impressive little rig, with plenty of power, plenty of
gas mileage.

Eric Swanger
Huntersville, NC