Re: California races, 10/16 & 17

To: twobees@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: California races, 10/16 & 17
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:14:51 -0700
I'm confused. Is your trip to LA, or SF? Neither the CSRG or HMSA events
are anywhere near LA. Why is LA in the picture? Laguna Seca is maybe 2
hours drive from SF. Thunderhill is maybe 4 from SF. Driving from SF to
LA is an ordeal of 8-10 hours. Absolutely, given a choice of destinations,
Monterey has more to offer than Willows. Other than the track, the only 2
things in Willows worth mentioning are the Wal-Mart and the bar at the
Golden Pheasant. ;=)

There's a big overlap between CSRG and HMSA membership. CSRG usually has
a big party at their closing event of the season. Thunderhill is pretty
damned remote, tho. It would be interesting to get the attendance from
each afterwards. Both should be fun events.