Trip Report - SVRA Zippo US PG at Watkins Glen

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trip Report - SVRA Zippo US PG at Watkins Glen
From: "Vaughn Rockney" <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:12:53 -0400
Listers,
  I posted the photos and trip report from the SVRA Zippo United States
Grand Prix at Watkins Glen at:

http://www.vintagegarage.com

Go to 1999 trip reports and select the report.

Photos include some of the cars in the big pileup that the list has been
discussing, and many others.  The Vintage Garage "Car of the Meet" award
went to the 1961 Huffaker MK VI Formula Junior owned by Jeff Mennen and
wrenched by Jack Woehrle.  It won based on uniqueness, state of preparation,
and "it's just plain cool".  Photos of this car, and the cars, drivers and
crews of:

Dan Baker, Chris Gennone, Skip Streets, George Bruggenthies, Bob Baker,
Travis Engen, Seth Daley, JR Mitchell, Alan Patterson, Bob Goeldner, Bob
Middleton, Mike Unger,Chuck Sadek, Roger Garnett,Gary Speckman, Richard
Cook, Ted Wenz, Stevie Hynes, Garry Hobbs, Tim Gaffney, Ray Boissinneau,
Bobby Brown, Paul Flowers, Joe Nastasi, Lowell Blossom, Dennis Frick, Bill
Weller, Rick Crouch, Kevin Smith, Henry Kluck, Jeff Hailand, and John Muller
among others are posted.

We had a great time!  It was a super event, well run, good weather, good
company, good food.. I just wish it continued for another few weeks.  Guess
that's what next year is all about...

Vaughn