Re: Monterey Historics

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: Bart Brown <bartbrn@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:48:49 -0500
Just as a Stirling Moss aside -- but very revealing of his driving
methods -- there was a Road & Track article written (in the '80s?) by
Innes Ireland, describing driving back to England from France with Moss.
As much as Moss always said he hated to be a passenger, reading
Ireland's account redresses THAT balance, and then some. If I come
across it, I'll give you issue and page. It *is* a hoot (especially
considering Ireland's "Sideways to Sydney" and "All Arms and Elbows" style...)

Bart Brown