Reality rears it's ugly head

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Reality rears it's ugly head
From: DonJQueen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:21:13 EDT
It's time we acknowledged that we are RACING. Even Monterey is not a parade
or a demonstration. The self appointed purists who yell "cheater" or "madman"
at anyone who passes them must admit that even in "the good old days" cars
crashed. Not because the driver was "overly aggressive", but because we are
competing with one another and ourselves out there.
None of us knows at this point what really happened, but please, cut Phil
Hill a little slack and stop trying to assign blame.
Don Queen